Dr. David L. Schneider is a practicing physician in New Orleans and Hammond who has treated tens of thousands of patients over the past 25 years. He is recognized for his expertise in allergies, asthma, and other immune disorders in children and adults. He is board certified in Allergy/Immunology (1989) and Pediatrics (1987).
Dr. Schneider enjoys solving diagnostic puzzles - getting at the root cause of your problem. With his innovative, solutions-based approach, many patients see results five months faster than with conventional treatment. He is deeply committed to helping patients improve and regain control of their health challenges to optimize quality of life.
Dr. Schneider's research interests have focused on the non-surgical treatment of sinus disease in children and adults. He has served as the principal investigator for FDA approved protocols in the fields of allergic rhinitis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sinusitis, and headaches, among others. He founded and served as Medical Director and Principal Investigator of Clinical Trials Center, Children’s Hospital in New Orleans. He also served as the Physician Adviser and Consultant for Pediatric and Adult Chronic Illness Case Management Program at Asthma Principal Health Care of Louisiana.
A native of New Orleans, Dr. Schneider trained and completed his residency at Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans and completed his Clinical Immunology fellowship at the University of Texas Healthcare System. He was an early adopter of state of the art advances in allergy desensitization including: SLIT (sub-lingual immunotherapy) where an allergy serum is dropped under the tongue rather than injected. So safe it can be done at home, this option makes life easier for kids, patients who travel, have an irregular schedule, live a long distance from the practice, or simply don't like shots. Rush Immunotherapy lessens overall treatment time and brings immediate symptomatic relief to patients of all ages.
- Board Certified by American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- Board Certified by American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow of American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow of American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow of Louisiana State Allergy and Asthma Society; past president and current board member
- Secretary, Greater New Orleans Pediatric Society
- Medical Director, Principal Investigator and Founder for Rx R&D, LLC which investigates and helps in the development of new medications for the healthcare industry
- Founding Medical Director and Principal Investigator for the Clinical Trials Unit at Children's Hospital in New Orleans
- Chief Medical Advisor for Asthma Care at Principal Healthcare in New Orleans
3225 Danny Park
Metairie, LA 70002