Dr. Gerti Tashko received his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and completed his research fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism at Penn State University, where he also completed training in internal medicine. He is certified in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine, in clinical hypertension by the American Society of Hypertension, in obesity medicine by the American Board of Obesity medicine, and clinical lipidology by the American Board of Clinical Lipidology.
Dr. Tashko is a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), the National Lipid Association (NLA), and the American Diabetes Association (ADA), among other professional organizations. He has contributed to several publications over the past 20 years and has been involved in research projects at the National Institutes of Health, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and the University of Maryland in Baltimore.
- Endocrine Fellowship, Research Focused — Penn State Medical Center, 2011
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency — Penn State Medical Center, 2008
- Doctor of Medicine — University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude, GPA 4.0 — University of Maryland College Park, 2000
- American Invitational Math Examination Award, 1994
- ABIM certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism — American Board of Internal Medicine since 2011
- ASH certified in Clinical Hypertension — American Society of Hypertension since 2016
- ABCL certified in Clinical Lipidology — American Board of Clinical Lipidology since 2018
- ABOM certified in Obesity Medicine — American Board of Obesity Medicine since 2020
Gerti Tashko, M.D.
15204 Omega Drive
Rockville, MD 20850