Dr. James Wolfe is the senior member of Allergy and Asthma Associates, where he has been dedicated to the care of patients with a variety of allergic disorders for more than 40 years. During this time, he has contributed regularly to the education of medical residents from Stanford Medical School and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and has been involved in medical research, performing over 400 clinical studies that led to the approval of nearly all medications currently utilized to treat asthma and allergic disorders. Dr. Wolfe, along with several colleagues, created the pharmaceutical company AllerQuest that provides all allergists and hospitals with the FDA-approved penicillin skin test to evaluate the large number of patients with reported penicillin allergy.
Dr. Wolfe is very proud of his wife's work with a non-profit dedicated to rare childhood cancers, and for what his two adult children have accomplished to improve the well-being of those facing health and other life challenges. Dr. Wolfe is an avid swimmer, enjoys reading and hiking, traveling with his wife, and being involved in the care of his mother and mother-in-law who are both centenarians.
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- American Board of Pulmonary Diseases
- Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology: Johns Hopkins University
- Fellowship in Pulmonary Diseases: UCLA
- Residency in Medicine: UCLA
- Medical School: UCSF School of Medicine
Professional Organizations & Affiliations
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Chairman of the Allergy and Immunology Division at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center for 27 years
- President, Allergy and Asthma of SCV Research Center
- President, AllerQuest Pharmaceutical
- Faculty, Stanford-O'Connor Family Residency Program
- Member, UCSF-Benioff Community Physicians
- Phi Beta Kappa
- AOA Honor Medical Society
- Selected to Best Doctors in America, 1996 - present
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Stanford-O'Connor Family Medicine Residency Program, 2007
- Santa Clara County Medical Association Award for Outstanding Contribution in Medical Education, 2015
- Special Recognition Award by the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology for work related to penicillin allergy, 2019
Allergy and Asthma Associates of Northern California.
4050 Moorpark Ave,
San Jose, CA 95117