Dr. Justin Liao is a board certified Family Physician who joined Newport Family Medicine in November 2004.
Committed to patient education and preventative health care, Dr. Liao strives to get his patients to be proactive in their own care and well-being, spending time to ensure that the treatment plan and approach are clearly understood. As a family practitioner, he is well-trained to treat patients of all ages, from newborns to adults to the elderly.
- Certified, ACLS - 2004
- Board Certified in Family Practice - 2003
- California State Medical License - 2002
- Residency in Family Practice, Riverside County Regional Medical Center, Moreno Valley, CA 2001 - 2003
- Internship in Family Practice, Riverside County Regional Medical Center, Moreno Valley, CA 2000 - 2001
- Medical Degree, Boston University, School of Medicine, Boston, MA 1996 - 2000
- Masters of Arts in Medical Sciences at Boston University, School of Medicine, Boston, MA 1993 - 1994
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 1987 - 1992
Three of his biggest joys have been his sons, Luke Ethan and Ryan Matthew, and his wife, Karen. Raising their sons has been rewarding, challenging, inspirational, and of course, exhausting.
He met his wife during Family Practice residency in Riverside. Karen is his best friend, partner and a great mother. His hobbies include: kayaking, working out, oil painting, photography, cooking and watching TV (favorite shows: anything on Food TV channel, 24, LOST). Dr.Liao is a first generation Chinese-American who grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Taipei, Taiwan, and Agoura Hills, California.
Newport Family Medicine
520 Superior Avenue Suite 360
Newport Beach, CA 92663