Dr. Martinez moved to Fort Myers, Florida after his Pain Medicine fellowship. He joined a large interventional Pain Management group and became a partner after two years. He decided to venture out on his own and opened ProActive Pain Care P.A. in Bonita Springs, FL. His vision is to proactively treat patients while improving function and promoting activity. Using the most up to date and groundbreaking therapies, he aims to provide the most comprehensive and patient-directed pain care in Southwest Florida.
Dr. Michael Martinez has a vision to pro-actively treat patients while improving function and promoting activity. His aim is to provide the most comprehensive and patient-directed pain care in Southwest Florida.
- Bachelor of Science from the Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina.
- Doctorate of Medicine from the University of South Florida College of Medicine.
- Residency and internship at the University of Miami at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
- Fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham focusing on the multi-disciplinary treatment of acute, chronic and cancer related pain.
Areas of Focus
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Therapy
- Intrathecal Pump Management
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Sympathetic Nerve Blocks
- Radio-frequency Ablation
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Botox for Migraine
- Medication Management
- Buprenorphine Therapy
27160 Bay Landing Drive, Suite 200
Bonita Springs, FL 34135