James Birmingham, M.D. is a fellowship-trained, board-certified rheumatologist dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of a multitude of rheumatological conditions in adults and children. He has been practicing in the Grand Rapids area for over 15 years and partners with his patients to facilitate a better quality of life through the management and treatment of auto-immune and inflammatory diseases.
Dr. Birmingham knows that the pursuit of good health is more than just well-reasoned, evidenced based medical interventions. Treating disease and building a healthy lifestyle means staying abreast of the latest scientific evidence, but also requires awareness of genetic predisposition to disease and the holistic integration of daily habits such as good sleep, healthy diet, proper exercise, stress management and emotional and spiritual support.
He and his wife have seven children and they enjoy reading, spending time outdoors, and watching their kids’ (and Ohio State!) sporting events.
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics–Michigan State University
- Adult and Pediatric Rheumatology–Duke University
- Rheumatology by American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Rheumatology by the American Board of Pediatrics
6741 Fulton St. E.
Ada, MI 49301