Dr. Banitt is originally from Iowa, he received his undergraduate degree at St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN. He attended medical school at the University of Iowa. Dr. Banitt then moved to Boston where he completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Hospital, and his cardiology fellowship training at Brigham & Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Banitt treats patients with all aspects of cardiovascular disease and is skilled in coronary interventions/stenting procedures. He has spoken nationally and internationally on the role of PTSD on heart disease. Diversity is welcomed.
In his free time, Dr. Banitt enjoys camping, horseback riding, and improvisational comedy.
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
Education & Training:
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Cardiovascular Division, Boston, MA, 1995
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA, 1992
- MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, 1989
- BA, Chemistry, Summa Cum Laude, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, 1984
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Phi Beta Kappa
- “Top Doctor”, US News and World Reports
- Legacy Teaching Attending Award Recipient
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2018, 2019, 2023
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
Cardiology - Tualatin
19260 SW 65th AveSuite 420
Tualatin, OR 97062