Dr. Furukawa is the Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital and a Professor of Clinical Surgery.
Dr. Furukawa has been recognized by America's Top Doctors in 2015 through 2018, and by Philadelphia Magazine's annual Top Docs™ issues from 2015 through 2021.
In addition to Penn Medicine hospital privileges, he also has privileges at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, an affiliate of Penn Cardiac Surgery.
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, 1996
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- American College of Physicians, National
- American Federation for Clinical Research, National
- American Heart Association, National
- Philadelphia County Medical Society, Local
Penn Cardiovascular Surgery Washington Square
Penn Medicine Washington Square
800 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107